Texas SBA™ news & business headlines is the most popular resource for small business owners and other officials to better understand the economic marketplace of Texas and access the Texas small business community. Register your company, educational institution, or government agency today for
Small Business News
Texas Small Business Association™ Membership.
October 2, 2015: 96 Million Americans are not Working
- November 9, 2015: Federal Reserve and FDIC condemn U.S. banks for not being financially sound and having $3.9 Trillion shortfall. News Article.
- November 7, 2015: Former U.S. Comptroller General Dave Walker says the U.S. federal debt is $65 Trillion. Read the Financial Facts.
- November 6, 2015: Over 500, 000 Americans have been laid off since January 2015.
Read the Daily Report on Job Layoffs in America.
- November 6, 2015: 62% of all Illegal Immigrants are on Welfare.
Watch the Podcast with Steven Camarota, Director at the Center for Immigration Studies.
- November 1, 2015: American Citizens are Being Looked-Over In Favor of Illegal Aliens.
List of Sanctuary Cities in America.
- October 25, 2015: 1 in 2 Working Americans Make Less than $30,000 Per Year.
Analyze the Numbers.
- October 20, 2015: 51% of All American Workers Make Less than $30,000 Per Year.
Crunch the Income Figures of Americans.
- October 16, 2015: Top States with Home Foreclosures. Not Texas: We Pay Our Bills.
- October 14, 2015: The Decline of American Exceptionalism. America's Greatest Failures.
- October 14, 2015: State of Illinois government cannot make November 2015 pension payments. When Government Makes Too Many Promises: Read the Article.
- October 12, 2015: U.S. Army Secretary says, "Women Will Likely Have to Register for Draft . Equality is Coming to America: Learn More.
- October 9, 2015: Trans-Pacific Partnership ("TPP") is Approved without being made public. Wikileaks releases full text. Read How this Treaty / Trade Agreement Impacts your Business.
- October 9, 2015: 62% of Americans have less than $1,000 in savings; 20% have no savings. See the Numbers.
- October 6, 2015: Matt Drudge visits the Alex Jones Show in Austin. Listen to the Interview.
- October 2, 2015: The Obama Economy: 96 Million Americans are not working. See the Numbers.
- September 30, 2015: Illegal Immigrants Live On U.S. Citizen Tax Money. Anaylze the Data..
- September 30, 2015: Legendary financier Carl Icahn issues warning on the U.S. economy. Danger Ahead: A Message from Carl Icahn.
- September 28, 2015: Governor Abbott Predicts Texas Will Be #1 for Women Owned Business Ownership. San Antonio Times Newspaper Article.
- September 17, 2015: White House encourages legal immigrants to become U.S. citizens before the 2016 U.S. Presidential election. Read the New York Times Article.
- September 15, 2015: China takes aim at automated trading in commodities futures.
Removing Computerized Trading from Financial Markets.
- September 14, 2015: U.S. Federal debt reaches $107,000 per household. Crunch the Numbers.
- September 11, 2015: Former Texas Governor Rick Perry drops out of 2016 U.S. Presidential race. CBS News Broadcast.
- September 8, 2015: Analyze the financial statements of your Texas bank. Texas Department of Banking. Annalyze the financial statements of your Texas credit union. Credit Union Department, State of Texas.
- September 3, 2015: 2015 SBIR/STTR Innovation Summit is announced for December 1-3, 2015, in Austin-Texas. Learn and Register Here.
- September 1, 2015: Federal Emergency Management Agency ("FEMA") regions disclosed. Learn your FEMA Region.
- August 31, 2015: President Barack Obama renames Mount McKinley. What;s the New Name?
- August 24, 2015: 83,235 certificates of formation were processed with the Texas Secretary of State during the first 6-months of 2015 to create new Texas corporations. This is a 4% increase from 2014. Texas is booming as the state to start a new business. Become a Member of Texas Small Business Association™.
- August 21, 2015: Political commentatory Mark Levin explains the current and future economic condition of the United States of America. Listen Here.
- August 20, 2015: Donald Trump outlines his Immigration Reform platform. Read the Truth.
- August 19, 2015: Federal Emergency Management Agency ("FEMA") announces Emergency Supply List in case of disaster. Download the Checklist.
- August 19, 2015: The U.S. Department of the Treasury invites you to a roundtable on Monday, August 31 regarding the Treasury Department's new myRA (my Retirement Account) program - a no-fee retirement savings account developed by the U.S. Treasury to help employees start saving for the future. Below is the date and location for reservations to be made: Monday, August 31 from 10:00-11:30 AM CT, at U.S. Treasury - Bureau of the Fiscal Service, 1619 East Woodward Street, Austin, TX. Please arrive at 9:45 check-in with a government-issued ID (License/Passport). Free visitor parking is available in the parking lot outside the fenced area to the Austin Center. (If you are carrying a laptop computer - the serial number of the laptop will have to be recorded and documented at the Security Desk.) RSVP by Friday, August 28 to (312) 988-2261 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the myRA program can be found here www.myRA.gov.
- August 18, 2015: Forbes Magazine explains ""What Makes Texas The Most Small Business-Friendly State". Read the Article.
- August 16, 2015: 2016 Presidential Candidate Donald Trump speaks with NBC News' "Meet the Press" program about his political platform and the mainstream demands of the U.S. citizen population. Watch the Full Interview.
- August 16, 2015: 46 Million U.S. citizens are being fed by food banks. Poverty Increasing in the USA.
- August 15, 2015: InfoWars.Com explains our modern global currency regime post-Bretton Woods Accords. Modern Global Currency Regime.
- August 13, 2015: Texas home prices are overvalued and Austin leads the pack. Austin Business Journal Article.
- August 12, 2015: Women-Owned Firms Flourish In Texas! Read Governor Abbott's Website.
- August 12, 2015: China devalues her currency for the 3rd straight day! Currency Wars Begin.
- August 10, 2015: Presidential candidate Rick Perry campaign staff is working for free as campaign donations dry up. CBS News Report.
- August 3, 2015: Lawmakers Ditch $200 Fee for Lawyers, Doctors & Brokers. Licensed Professionals Celebrate.
- July 30, 2015: Texas is the best state for business. Business Facilites Article.
- July 29, 2015: More Adult-Children are Living With Their Parents. Analyze the Numbers.
- July 28, 2015: Chinese investors spend billions purchasing Texas real estate. NBC News Report.
- July 21, 2015: $750 million Texas ranch for sale! Everything's Bigger in Texas.
- July 20, 2015: Best places to start a business in Texas report. Nerd Wallet Article.
- July 15, 2015: Governor Greg Abbott lures businesses to Texas. Watch the Sales Pitch.
- July 14, 2015: Governor Greg Abbott discusses the Texas economy on CNBC television. Watch the Global Broadcast.
- July 8, 2015: Texas and Mexico are great partners in the North American Free Trade Agreement. Dalls Morning News Article.
- July 8, 2015: United States financial and monetary manipulation continues in response to the Chinese stock market sell-off by "turning off" the New York Stock Exchange. Was the Power Turned Off?
- July 7, 2015: Chinese stock market crashes! See the Charts.
- July 6, 2015: The 167-year tradition of "open outcry" ends at the Chicago Board of Trade and Chicago Mercantile Exchange with the last trading pit closing. The Creator of Global Finance.
- June 28, 2015: Greece shuts down all banks to prevent customers from taking out their money in an attempt to protect the banks that obviously are "Too Big to Fail."
Learn More about the Greek Banking Crisis.
- June 26, 2015: Marriage industry expands potential customer base after U.S. Supreme Court ruling. Analyze the Market Opportunities.
- June 26, 2015: U.S. Supreme Court ruling almost guarantees an increase in Texas marriage and divorce rates in addition to child support transfer payments and child custody litigation. Texas Dept. of State Health Services Marriage and Divorce Statistics.
- June 26, 2015: U.S. Supreme Court makes homosexual marriage legal in all states, commonwealths, and territories of the United States of America. Travis County, Texas, issues her first marriage license for homosexuals. Read More.
- June 25, 2015: U.S. Supreme Court approves Obamacare federal subsidies.Watch CNBC Report.
- June 24, 2015: CNBC says that Texas is the nation's 2nd best state for business.
Read the Dallas Business Journal Article.
- June 24, 2015: National radio host and attorney Mark Levin details the anti-Black American legislative and public policy history of the Democratic Party since 1850. Listen Now.
- June 19, 2015: CNN Television launces a new program concerning international trade. Watch.
- June 19, 2015: Governor Greg Abbott signs new law to build Texas-based gold depository.
Texas Wants Her Gold Back.
- June 11, 2015: The 10 most profitable businesses in Texas. See the List.
- June 11, 2015: Governor Greg Abbot signs new law that allows clergy members to refuse to conduct marriages that violate their beliefs. Pastor Protection Law.
- June 4, 2015: Governor Greg Abbott signs open carry gun law. Learn Your Rights.
- June 4, 2015: Former Texas Governor, Rick Perry, announces his second bid for President of the United States of America. See Rick Perry's Platform.
- June 1, 2015: State Representative Jonathan Stricland announces his contributions to the 84th Texas Legislature. Read About It.
- June 1, 2015: The 84th Texas Legislature Regular Session ends today- Sine Dine.
- May 30, 2015: Money Week Magazine documentary details the upcoming global economic collapse from the British perspective. Watch the Film.
- May 21, 2015: The 84th Texas Legislature anticipates the repeal of the Texas Comptroller Franchise Tax for businesses with gross receipts above $1 million. Learn More.
- May 21, 2015: Woman owned business firms surge in Texas according to American Express. Read the Article.
- May 12, 2015: CALIFORNIA: Support the proposed legislation to eliminate alimony in California. Sign the Petition.
- May 8, 2015: A record 93 Million Americans, of which 56 Million are women, do not have jobs. Read the Bureau of Labor Statistics report.
- May 8, 2015: Texas ranks #1- Best State to do Business- for the 11th consecutive year by Chief Executive’s 2015 Best & Worst States to Do Business survey of top CEOs. Watch Governor Greg Abbott's interview on CNBC television program "Squawk Box".
- May 6, 2015: San Antonio, Texas, is hosting the National Small Business Week event today, free of charge, at the University of Texas at San Antonio, Aula Canaria Lecture Hall- Buena Vista St. Bldg 1.328, 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM (CDT)
- May 5, 2015: Texas has entered a job recession. Read the Finanical Numbers.
- May 4, 2015: Texas Certification Directory™ celebrates National Small Business Week.
National Small Business Week (May 4-8, 2015) has been organized by the Small Business Administration to highlight the impact of entrepreneurs and small business.
- April 24, 2015: Governor Abbott directs the Texas State Guard to monitor Operation Jade Helm 15 as fears rise concerning U.S. federal military encroachment into Texas.
Read Governor Abbott’s Directive to General Betty.
- April 24, 2015: U.S. national debt tops $18 Trillion making America a debtor nation.
Read the Article.
- April 21, 2015: American Arbitration Association hosts a seminar to discuss various dispute resolution methods for companies active in global commerce. May 8, 2015 Seminar.
- April 13, 2015 Senator Brad Bailey launches the website Keep Texas Working.Org regarding his legislation SB 1968 concerning the collection of union dues from public sector workers to advance political agendas.
- April 13, 2015: U.S. Department of the Treasury is providing a free 30-minute webinar called myRA (my Retirement Account). Employers don't administer employee accounts, contribute to them, or match employee contributions, but simply inform employees about myRA and set up payroll deductions into myRA accounts for participating employees. The program is designed for people who may not have access to a retirement savings plan through employers and does not replace 401(k) or other types of retirement plans. Webinar registration dates are Wednesday, April 29 at 1 p.m. ET or Thursday, April 30 at 4 p.m. ET.
- April 2, 2015: Texas is the #1 State in Exports for the 13th Consecutive Year says the U.S. Census Bureau. Analyze the Numbers.
- March 18, 2015 Office of the State Demographer estimates the state's population will double to 54.4 million residents during the next 35 years. Read the Report.
- February 28, 2015 American attorney and author of Currency Wars, Jim Rickards discusses the $100 Trillion U.S. federal government debt. Watch the Video.
- January 28, 2015 Governor Abbott calls On State Agencies to reform contracting process.
- January 17, 2015: Over 46 Million Americans are on food stamps according to the USDA.
Read the Article.
- January 15, 2015 Governor Rick Perry delivers a powerful speach discussing the economic power of Texas. Rick Perry's YouTube Channel.
- November 12, 2014: Texas is the Best State For Future Job Growth according to Forbes Magazine. Read the Article.
- October 20, 2014: Public outrage increases over foreign-owned Texas tollroads. Wall Street Journal Article.
- October 16, 2014: Over 48 Million Americans live in extreme poverty. Read the CNN Money Article.
- August 19, 2014: Over 35% of all Americans or 109 million Americans are on welfare according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Read the Article & Report.
- June 24, 2014: Phil Collins Donates His Expansive Alamo Memorabilia Collection to the General Land Office. Learn More About the Alamo.
- April 22, 2014: Nearly 40 percent of working-aged Americans now hold a college degree: What's the Value?
- January 12, 2014: Inside the Federal Reserve documentary:
Learn about the U.S. Dollar creation, history, and future.
- December 5, 2013: The Milken Institute's annual index of Best-Performing Cities ranks Austin, Texas, as the best-performing metro area for 2013. Download the Report.
- November 23, 2013: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation documentary detailing the "Global Financial Meltdown of 2008". Watch the Video.
- October 19, 2013: Texas tollroad is owned by a company based in Spain.
Who Owns Texas Tollroads?
- October 11, 2013: Italian Government Sells Historic Sites to Pay Off Debt.
Is this the Future of America?
- August 30, 2013: State of Texas earns AAA credit rating. View State of Texas Credit Rating.
- June 14, 2013: Dallas mogul Mark Cuban says, "Only Morons Start a Business on a Loan." Watch the Bloomberg Business Television Interview.
- May 13, 2013: Millions of Americans live in extreme poverty: How do they survive?
Read the Washington Post Article.
- November 23, 2012: Global Financial Meltdown documentary: Watch & Learn.
- November 8, 2012: Commodity Trader Ann Barnhardt teaches global high-finance: Excellent tutorial for the novice and experienced businessperson. Expand Your Financial Knowledge.